Friday, June 5

Addicted to NPR...

Living abroad, it can be a struggle to keep up with news and current events as actively as I once did living in the States.  To make up for my immediate gratification news addiction, I download several "podcasts" on to my iPhone and iTunes, daily.  Once I have them, I can listen to them while walking around town, driving in the car, cleaning the apartment or yes, even writing on my blog!  National public radio is my news provider of choice.  Downloading is simple: go to your iTunes store homepage and search for NPR under Podcasts.  Out will pop a plethora of choices! Here are a few of my NPR recommendations: 

7AM (EST) New Summary Podcast - A quick 5 minute highlight of the morning news summary.  There is also a 7PM (EST) summary if you prefer your summary at day end.  

Business Story of the Day: Contrary to what you may think, this podcast is very diverse selecting the most interesting "business" story of the day.  Only about 5-10 min in length and ranges in topics from video game businesses to the real-estate market. 

Food Podcast: My favorite NPR podcast!  Typically 10-20 minute clips talking about wine, food, cooking shows, recipes, new trends and many other interesting areas!  

On Health: Health and body oriented segments ranging from new illnesses, scientific studies and healthy living choices.

Story of the Day: NPR's top pick for their most interesting story of the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment