Wednesday, May 27

Sunset of the Year

It's just me and Mike again this evening. Our guests are gone. I drove them to the Milan airport this morning- 7 hours of driving before 1:30 PM. I arrived home, exhausted, for a quick nap. While I was sleeping the storm swept in. Not a rain storm, but clouds and wind. Strong wind. The cleansing summer storm that sweeps through to polish the earth's surface of ugly debris and sweep away heat and humidity. I woke up to a quiet and beautifully empty home. Wind howling through the open windows of the house as if it were not only cleaning the earth, but our home of any negativity present in the last several weeks- months. Clean.


Mike arrived home shortly after and we snuck up to the roof to watch the the brilliant sunset with it's intense array of colors. Mike called it the "sunset of the year". I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment